BMF mission: providing lifesaving, free, maternal and baby care to regional and remote communities in Tanzania and Ethiopia.
BMF is based in Australia with a passionate family connection. It is a corporation and a Public Benevolent Institution that works through research, advocacy, training of local people, culturally sensitive protection from harmful practices, and the upgrading of facilities.
St Michael’s parishioner Sam Hargreaves (Asquith) is a Director.
- for early 2017 plans at Arusha Tanzania – more construction and renovation on the main building to support 35 in-patient beds, strengthen collaboration and support with 2 other hospitals.
- For work in rural the communities they serve including waiting areas for out-patients.
- For further development of the radio program about the hospital’s work
- Pray for relationships and trust building as women are often fearful of hospitals
- Pray for protection in a war-torn area of Africa
- Praise God that there were no deaths in Selian Maternity Unit in 2016!
- you will find lots of very exciting and necessary people and projects to be financed here
- there are short term volunteer opportunities – more information here
You can find more information about Sam’s fundraising for BMF here.