St Matthew’s Passion
This performance of the St Matthew Passion will be as Bach intended, with two quartets of aria soloists plus Christus and Evangelist, making ten outstanding Australian soloists in total. Add to this two adult choirs, a children’s choir and two orchestras, and we have the makings of an amazing performance. As far as we know, the work has never been performed in this way in Melbourne.
Once again there is a fabulous team of soloists, and the orchestras will also be great – as will the choirs, of course.
Andrew Goodwin (our Evangelist in 2014) again brings his beautiful high tenor to the role of Evangelist;
Warwick Fyfe returns to sing Christus, ten years after he performed this role for MB’s first St Matthew Passion
The aria soloists are:
Lorina Gore and Jacqueline Porter – sopranos
Sally-Anne Russell and Belinda Prakhoff – mezzo sopranos
Henry Choo and Michael Petruccelli – tenors
Andrew Collis and Jeremy Kleeman – bass/baritones
We will also be joined by the Choir of St Michael’s Grammar School.
On top of this excellent cast we will be performing the Passion in the wonderful Melbourne Recital Centre and for many of us this will be the first time we have had that privilege.
The concert will be at 2.30 pm on Good Friday, 25 March 2016.
Booking through the Melbourne Recital Centre:
You can book on-line (http://www.melbournerecital.com.au/), in person at the Recital Centre Box Office, or by phone, mail, e-mail or fax.
The ticket prices are:
A Reserve Full price $110 Concession $83
B Reserve Full price $85 Concession $64
C Reserve Full price $60 Concession $45
Students (full time): $30 all seats.
- Concession tickets through MRC will be for Pension Card or Carer Card holders only, in line with the MRC’s guidelines.
- There is a choir discount of $15 on all tickets except Student tickets. You will need to quote the promotion code MBC10.
- There are some Melbourne Recital Centre transaction fees. They are per transaction, not per ticket, so it is better to buy all the tickets you need at one time.
The fees are:
- On-line bookings: $5.50 per transaction
- Phone, mail, e-mail or fax: $8.00 per transaction
- Booking in person at the MRC Box Office – no fee
- Buying from us at rehearsal – no fee.
If you do book in person at the MRC Box Office you can still use the promotion code (MBC10) for the choir discount. However, we request that you pay cash as the choir will incur additional credit card processing fees.
This is going to be a memorable concert – a very rare performance of the St Matthew Passion with an outstanding cast in a wonderful setting on the appropriate day.
Thank you all for your support!