Proclaiming Christ…Building Community…Sharing Hope…Serving Others
This sums up what St Michael’s Anglican Church North Carlton is always seeking to do. We want people to find a relevant and friendly atmosphere in which to explore and celebrate good news about Jesus Christ.
We want to see people grow deeper in Christian faith and help them to make a peaceful and godly difference to world and to be partners in the work of God’s kingdom.
Our Services During Coronavirus
As of 6pm Friday 29 October 2021
- Up to 100 people who are fully vaccinated* can attend our Sunday worship services at 10am and 5.30pm
- Face masks must be worn indoors at all times (including children in school gr. 3 and up)
- Smaller numbers of fully vaccinated people can attend meetings at other times on the church site (but must book such meetings with the vicar or wardens and appoint a Covid-safety officer for the occasion)
- The total number of people per space is determined by the 4sqm density rule set by the State Govt
- We continue to offer church services online in real time (livestreamed) via YouTube and Facebook – To join our Live-streamed Sunday services at 10am or 5.30pm on Sundays just click here.
*received two approved Covid-19 vaccines and can show proof of same
Our 10am Sunday service runs for about 60 minutes. People familiar with Anglican worship services will be familiar with the words spoken, prayed, and sung together, yet, in an informal manner reflecting the culture of the neighbourhood in which we are located. The music in these services is a mix of traditional and contemporary Christian hymns and songs, with a variety of different music groups leading the congregation. Holy Communion (The Lord’s Supper) is shared in a Covid-safe manner on the first Sunday of the month. Kid’s church occurs in a separate, but visible space during the time of the sermon and intercessory prayers. We welcome children of pre-school to early primary school ages to Kid’s Church sessions. These are led by a small team of volunteer teachers who are fully compliant with child-safety qualifications demanded by both the State Government of Victoria and the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne. Morning tea is served after the service.
Our 5:30pm Sunday service runs for about 50 minutes and is more informal and interactive in style. The music at these services is contemporary in style and led by a variety of bands. Afternoon tea is shared from 5pm in the church foyer.
All worship services at St. Michael’s are based on authorised services from A Prayer Book For Australia (1995) as most commonly used in Anglican churches across our city.
For any further information about our worship services, please contact the office at email@example.com or call the vicar, The Rev’d Steve Webster, on 0411471838.
More about St Michael’s North Carlton